Every little girl wants to feel pretty. Most girls dream of being on the cover of a magazine when they grow up. But when those little girls are staring up at all the latest magazines at the supermarket checkout, what message are they getting?
Fashion has the power to change the world.
Imagine the impact on the health and self esteem of young girls and women in general if the fashion industry:
1. Changed the sample size from a zero to a six.
2. Eliminated the height and size restrictions in the modeling industry.
3. Featured healthy women of all heights, sizes and ages in every designer fashion show.
4. Stopped photo-shopping and airbrushing magazine covers and ads beyond perfection.
5. Included more “real women” in their fashion editorials.
Can you imagine watching a fashion show featuring women of all different shapes and sizes that proves this designer’s clothing can look good on anyone? Wouldn’t that designer sell more? Wouldn’t more women buy fashion magazines if they saw average sized women they could relate to instead of scary-skinny models?
Come on fashion industry. You have the power to change the world for the better. Do it.
More on Stylaphile